User Experience (UX) may seem to be all science and tech, numbers and reports, but really we should be looking at user experience from human-centric approach. Yes your site should be optimised and look great and functional on a first impression - we won't argue with you on that one! However, the emotional impact and lasting impression to leave with your users when they visit your site has to be your focus. With inbound marketing we are all about delighting leads, and this is a fool-proof way to keep those leads so happy that they might just keep coming back for more!
Before you get too excited about diving into the mysterious world of UX, have a read of these essential statistics...
Now you know what you are up against, it's time to delight your leads with a brilliantly designed, user-centric, website experience!
In case you have a hatred for infographs, here are the 13 statistics on user experience typed out just for you:
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience
- 94% of a user’s first impressions are design-related
- 73% of consumers access websites on their mobile devices
- Every $1 invested in UX can have a return of up to $100 for your business
- 87% of Fortune 500 companies have an easy to find search field on their homepage
- 85% of UX problems can be solved by testing with 5 users
- Currently, 55% of organizations conduct user testing, which consists of enlisting non-technical users to evaluate the usability, feel, and experience of web design
- 52% of users are less likely to engage with a company that they have had a bad mobile experience with
- Nearly three quarters (73%) of companies currently not conducting user experience testing will be doing so in the next 12 months
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site
- 47% of websites have a clear call-to-action button that takes users 3 seconds or less to see
- 20% of companies have a mobile optimised site
- Conversion rates from tablets are four times higher than smartphones 5% vs. 1% (about the same as desktop conversion rates)
- 34% of companies aim to spend more on graphic design next year
- 48% of users feel frustrated and annoyed when sites are poorly optimised for mobile
Want to please your leads even further ? Find out how to guide them through the buyer's journey with a read of our free eBook: